Projects on Inequality
BRIDGE (Building Research on Inequality and Diversity to Grow Equity) aims to enhance knowledge of inequality’s patterns, causes, and consequences, promote dialogue and action about inequality’s impact, and invest in the training of future scholars of inequality. To this end, in May 2023, BRIDGE awarded resources to projects that nurture intellectual clusters examining inequality and identifying solutions, encourage scholarly interdisciplinary collaboration, and facilitate rigorous exploration of emerging research areas, including mobility and migration, education inequalities in higher education, housing, and social justice.
BRIDGE 2023 Projects on Inequality Grant Awardees
- Dr. Cassandra Diep and Dr. Amanda Perkins-Ball “Spanning the BRIDGE: Addressing upstream factors in Sport, Physical Activity and Nutrition Inequities”
- Dr. Luz Garcini, “Discrimination and Exploitation of Unregulated Migrant Workers: A Biobehavioral Approach to Advocacy and Policy”
- Dr. Elizabeth Roberto, “(Infra)Structural Racism: Studying the Historical and Contemporary Relationship between the Social and Built Environment of Cities”
- Dr. Steve Gomez, “The Hispanic Leadership Advisory Board”
- Dr. Renata Ramos, Dr. Cecilia Heriquez Fernandez, Dr. Janet Braam “Perspectives on STEM Higher Education: Examining Institutional and Social Structures to Develop Inclusive STEM classrooms”